Microsoft Outlook MS Outlook is an email program offered by Microsoft and is used on an enormous size by both small-sized organizations as well as by individuals. When it comes to most effective email applications, Outlook is the most popular option, due to its easy-to-use GUI as well as security capabilities. However, users may encounter issues, such as numerous duplicate contacts in the event that they transfer contacts to different sources and include them in their personal contacts list. The duplicates aren’t deleted in a timely manner and take up a lot of space in the storage of the email client. If you are a regular user of MS Outlook, it is difficult to find duplicates in a single step and then delete them from the Outlook addresses book. In this article, we will discover how to delete duplicate contacts from Outlook 2013, 2010, 2016, and 2010. Continue reading until the close.
Manual methods to remove duplicate contacts from Outlook 2010 2013 and 2016.
There are two methods manual to eliminate duplicate contacts. One for deletion one by one and the other to delete multiple deletions simultaneously Follow the steps below:
Method 1: Delete Contacts one by one
- Start Outlook and search for ‘People’.
- Then, in the ‘Current View’ the option is ‘Views box’ >> ‘Phone’ and then you will see all duplicates in this.
- In the contacts list of contacts, press the long-press ‘Ctrl’ button. Then, pick one by one the duplicate contact one after the other.
- Click ‘Delete’ after you have selected the duplicates.
Method 2: Disable multiple duplicate Contacts using the method of Import and Export.
- Open Outlook and go for the ‘People’.
- In the current folder for Contacts, right-click and select the New Folder and rename it.
- Return to the Contacts folder, and to select the contacts you want to choose, press (Ctrl+A).
- If you want to move your contacts into the new folder, use the shortcut key Ctrt+Shift+V>> Moving to Folder and select the new folder. (You can drag and drop, too.)
- Go to File >> Open & Export >> Import/Export.
NOTE: To Delete Duplicate contacts in Outlook 2010 click File > Open > Export and go straight to step 8.
- Select export to file Commas Separated Values and then choose the same folder that was created previously.
- Save it to your desired location, and then hit ‘Finish’.
Import Back the Duplicate Contacts to Outlook
- Open File > Open and then Import and select the Comma-separated values.
- Browse the new folder that was made earlier.
- Choose the option to not add duplicates of items.
- Choose the primary Contacts folder as the destination that is not filled and click ‘Finish’.
- The next step is to remove duplicate contacts from the Outlook mailbox:
After you have completed the steps above Copy all contacts in the new folder, which was created to keep duplicates in the Contacts directory. If you happen to find duplicate contacts again the pop-up will appear with two choices:
- Select Create a new contact in the event that there isn’t a duplicate of the contact.
- Select Update the information of the selected contact in the event that the contact is duplicated.
- Select the appropriate option that meets your requirements.
- Click ‘Update’ > ‘Update All’ to create the same selection for duplicate contacts.
- After backing up all contacts, delete all the duplicate contacts from the new folder that you’ve created to store duplicate contacts.
A Professional way to Delete the Duplicate Contacts in Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016
Use a professional tool to remove duplicate contacts and other objects out of MS Outlook. Outlook Duplicate Remover provided by Regain Software is the ideal solution to deal with this kind of issue. The tool is able to eliminate duplicate Outlook contacts, emails, and calendars out of PST Files. This tool completely removes all duplicates from the source PST file and aids in reducing PST corruption of the file.
This program can handle several Outlook PST files at once and date range features, deletion of emails in batch and is compatible with different variations of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems. If you utilize this program, you’ll see your PST mailbox becomes lighter while the overall performance of Outlook is improved.
We’ve suggested methods that are both manual and professional methods for deleting duplicate contacts from Outlook 2010 or 2013, 2016. If you opt for the manual option, it’s going to require more effort, but if you choose the professional option, there’s no need for the technical know-how and requires a shorter time to complete the steps. It’s up to you what you pick.