Boston University offers a Master’s in Computer Science. This is almost similar to Masters in management in Australia. It is a hybrid program. The highlights of the program are-
- Experienced Faculty
- Skill Development
- Great Career Outlook
- Extensive Network
- Valuable Resources
- Compact class size
- Active learning environment
Boston University Master’s in Computer Science has three tracks. The tracks are-
- Computer Networks
- Data Analytics
The core programs offered by Computer Networks are analysis of algorithms, operating systems, computer language theory, software engineering, computer networks, and database management. You can also Target MBA in The USA for the same fees.
The electives offered are computer graphics, foundations of analytics and data visualization foundations machine learning, financial information, biomedical Science and health information technology, health informatics, health information informatics, biometrics, web application development, server-side web development, advanced programming techniques, information technology project management, software, quality testing, and security management, network media technologies, artificial intelligence, software design and patterns, database security, Data Science with Python, mobile application with data, and web mining and graph analytics.
The core programs offered by data analytics are- analysis of algorithms, operating systems, computer language theory, software engineering, computer networks, and database management.
The electives offered are foundations of analytics and data visualization, foundations of machine learning, web mining and graph analytics, data mining, computer graphics, financial informatics, biomedical science and health informatics, health informatics, cybersecurity, and network forensics.
The core courses offered in security are analysis of algorithms, operating systems, computer language theory, software engineering, computer networks, and database management. The electives offered are network security, cybersecurity, cryptography, biometrics, database security, enterprise cybersecurity management, digital forensics and investigations, mobile forensics and security, secure software development, advanced cryptography, foundations of machine learning, financial informatics, advanced programming techniques, and enterprise architecture.
Faculty of the program
- Anthony Tempkin- Professor of Computer Science
- Scott Arena- Professor of Computer Science
- Eric Braude- Director of digital learning computer science
- John Day- Senior Lecturer
- Suresh Kalathur- Professor of Computer Science and Data Analytics
- Vijay Kanabar- Professor of Computer Science and Administrative Science
- Jae Young Lee- Assistant Professor
- Robert Schudy
Cost Of the Program
The cost of the program per semester for full-time students is $30,525. The cost includes tuition fees, application fees, and health insurance and wellness fees.
The university provides scholarships and fellowship options to students to help them finance their programs.
The scholarships options are-
- Advancing the Art Scholarship
- Alexis Gravas Graduate Scholarship Fund
- Edgar B.Pitts Scholarship
Application Requirements and Deadlines
The application requirements are-
- Academic Transcripts
- Two letters of Recommendation
- A Personal Statement
- IELTS/TOEFL scores
- Non-refundable Application Fee
- Students must mention the email address and contact details of the reference.
- Students must provide all the academic transcripts of the colleges attended.
- The statement of purpose must not exceed five hundred words and it must mention your motivation for studying for this program
The application process is ongoing. As soon as you apply you will be considered for admission.
The program outcomes are-
- Comprehension of Computer concepts and application
- Good understanding and hold of Web Analytics and metrics, procuring and processing of unstructured data
- Visualization and understanding of limitations of tools and testing their capabilities
- Development of capabilities to implement Machine Learning algorithms and recognize their patterns
- Ability to interpret and harness unstructured Data
- Development of knowledge in Applied probability and Statistics
Plausible Career Options
The Career roles offered are Data Scientist, Data Analyst, Systems Analyst, Chief Analytics Officer, Analytics Manager, Chief Data Scientist, and Financial Analyst.
Boston University Master’s in Computer Science equips students with expertise in Machine Learning, Data Analytics, Web Analytics, and key computing concepts. The program skills you to use tools to extract, harness, and manipulate the unstructured Data to extract insights.