Do you know what your greatest business challenges are? To simplify the concept of a business process, Lean, Six Sigma, and Lean Six Sigma methods are used.
Lean is an efficient method of streamlining and making process-focused strategies. A lean approach focuses on reducing waste and maximizing value in the various stages of a process from start to finish. Whereas Six Sigma is considered to be a data-driven problem-solving methodology that focuses on the procedure of variations, emphasis is given to customer satisfaction. The goal of Six Sigma is to define, measure, analyze, improve, and control, which is ultimately seen as a problem-solving approach. These are powerful tools when put together with the Lean tool, which is set up to eliminate waste and organize and simplify all working processes.
Now let’s talk about Lean Six Sigma, which is a vast approach in which you can focus on the improvement of quality, reducing variation, and eliminating waste in any organization that is either large or small.
In business, Six Sigma is said to have a very different meaning. But at an enterprise level, six sigma is mostly considered a strategic business initiative with a focus on making certain improvements in areas such as business growth, capacity, investor relationships, and customer satisfaction.
The Major Principles of Six Sigma:
To optimize the control function of the enterprise and improve the quality, capacity, and cycle time of the company, the major principles to be considered are defined below:
- Think: to look at and explore the idea of breaking through performance.
- Apply: the vital tools which will improve the enterprise
- Target: Identity, scale, define, empower and execute the six sigma projects and learn how to track their progress.
- Leading: Identity, select, and train all six sigma leaders at all levels of the organization.
- Enabling: Understanding the information and reporting needs of six sigma
- Deploying: Learn about the essential guidelines for scaling and creating a global six-sigma project.
- Initializing: Have a look at the top programs and allow six sigma to work with them.
By following these steps, it allows the six sigma leaders to also provide this “hope” to all employees and thus their clients.
A Lean Six Sigma Approach:
Lean Six Sigma employs the use of two improvement programs, Six Sigma and Lean Enterprise. In the service sector, Six Sigma training makes enormous savings and improvements to their output, whereas Lean Six Sigma can help by giving a more detailed look into the quality of customer service, the area in which the business can be extended, boosted and optimized the efficiency of standard service sector procedures.
Six Sigma certification:
The top six Sigma certifications are:
- The Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt training course is designed for professionals who want to get more familiar with the values of the Lean Six Sigma methods. The course lasts 2 days, including the exam.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training combines both yellow and green belt certification. This allows the individual who has an interest in business process improvements to gain a valuable certification. This also applies to anyone in a managerial post.
- To be eligible for the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, you must hold the Green Belt certification and must complete some studies on Lean Six Sigma Yellow and Lean Six Sigma Green Belt material.
Enterprises that rely on the expertise of Six Sigma professionals include automotive, electronics, healthcare, manufacturing, and transportation.
Green Belt certification is required for many jobs like engineering, quality assurance, and manufacturing. And the PayScale for Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification is typically between $82,000 while someone with Black Belt certification will get to pay $98,000 on average.
In a nutshell, lean aims at waste reduction in processes, while six sigma seeks to reduce process variation. Both can go hand in hand to realize the full process of improvement
Counseltrain envisioned redefining training into training fulfilment taking an active role as an extended arm understanding granular insights of customers.