Paediatrics has been an altogether separate branch of medicine intended to treat all problems related to children, from newly born to 18-year-old young adults. In some special cases, people of advanced age may also be treated.
If you are seeking an experienced and well-trained paediatrician in your city, search for “Pediatrician Near Me” in your internet search engine or on your mobile browser. The best Pediatric Doctor for your kid might just be only a few steps away from your home!
pediatricians are usually trained and authorized to perform some of the more common procedures. These include administering vaccinations, attending to minor injuries, treating dislocations of shoulders and elbows, splinting broken bones, performing circumcisions, and removing splinters.
Specialists in Pediatrics
- Neonatologists or Preemie Doctors: They help gynaecologists in child delivery and subsequent infant care. A neonatologist may also be consulted by the gynaecologist if the child develops complications before birth.
- Pediatric Audiologist: treats kids with hearing loss.
- Pediatric Cardiologist: treats kids with congenital or acquired heart diseases.
- Pediatric Nutritionists: they help in implementing special diet programs for ailing kids.
- Pediatric Endocrinologist: Treats children with growth problems, puberty, diabetes, and other hormone-related problems.
- Pediatric Gastroenterologist: helps with digestive and nutritional issues in children.
- Pediatric Geneticist: treat kids with birth defects, disabilities, inborn metabolism errors, hereditary problems, and height issues.
- Pediatric Immunologist: treats a wide range of allergy issues in children.
- Pediatric Nephrologists: deal with children’s kidney and urinary tract problems.
- Pediatric Neurologist; solves issues related to children’s nervous systems.
- Pediatric Ophthalmologist: treats eye diseases and visual development in kids.
- Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon: children’s bone, joint, and muscle health is a concern for pediatric orthopaedic surgeons. Limb and spine deformities like club foot, limping, orthopaedic infections, and broken bones are also treated.
- Pediatric Otolaryngologist: Specializes in ear, nose, and throat problems as well as related problems of the head and neck region.
- Pediatric Physiatrist or Rehab Doctor: they recommend therapy, medication, and equipment, for ensuring a healthy lifestyle for patients.
- Developmental/Behavioral Pediatrician: treat developmental delays, disabilities, hyperactivity and ADHD issues, behavioural issues, learning difficulties, habit disorders, anxiety, and stress management.
- Pediatric Plastic Surgeon: fixes birth defects and deformities, injuries, and tumors.
- Pediatric Podiatrist: treats feet-related issues.
- Pediatric Pulmonologist: Treats breathing problems in children.
- Pediatric Radiologist: diagnostic and imaging specialists of children’s diseases.
- Pediatric Rheumatologist: treats children with rheumatic diseases.
- Pediatric Dentist: treats oral problems.
- Pediatric Critical Care and Emergency Medicine: deals with accidental injuries and other medical emergencies.
- Pediatric Hospitalists: they work primarily in hospitals and take full care of children throughout their stay in the hospital.
Besides, there are many new areas in pediatric medicine where a pediatric practitioner may specialize:
- Pediatric Occupational Therapists (OT): Occupational therapists help children with developmental disorders to get normalized in crucial life areas like improving handwriting, treating sensory and motor issues, and aiding in enhancing their social activities. They deal in many specialized areas like autism, neuro-developmental treatment, sensory integration, neuromuscular electrical stimulation, etc. An OT may be a physical therapist or a speech-language pathologist.
- Adolescent Medicine: The Pediatric Doctor trained in adolescent medicine can treat mental, emotional, and social problems in adolescents. They also attend to life-threatening diseases and help in the rehabilitation of distressed children as old as 11 to 21 years who are struck with physical, behavioural, and emotional issues.
- Child-Abuse pediatricians: they are specially trained and skilled in evaluating conditions in children who are unfortunate victims of abuse or neglect.
If you are a smartphone user, you can easily find the best Pediatric Doctor by speaking “Pediatrician Near Me” to your Google Assistant and instantly find results in your web browser. It is recommended that you choose a multispecialty healthcare center that has a good and strong team of Pediatricians from varied specialities in the discipline.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can I meet my paediatrician before child delivery?
Yes, prenatal appointments with pediatricians are highly beneficial.
Q. How often should my child visit the paediatrician?
It is recommended that you schedule visits to the paediatrician at least twice annually for checkups, not only in the event of illnesses.
Q. Can I take my 23-year-old autistic son to the pediatricians?
Yes, since yours is a special case, most the pediatricians will see your kid.