Cleaning a dryer vent on a regular basis will improve the dryer’s performance. Lint and other filth and debris that inhibit the dryer’s function may be removed with regular dryer vent cleaning.
The following are signs that it’s time to clean your dryer vent:
- Your garments are drying considerably more slowly than normal;
- Your clothes, as well as the dryer’s exterior, become quite heated.
- Debris in the vicinity of the dryer hose;
- The vent hood flap is not properly opening;
- More than a year has passed since the dryer vent was examined;
- The clothing has a weird burning odour about them;
- When the dryer is running, the laundry area becomes quite hot.
How often should a lint trap vent and dryer vent be cleaned?
Experts recommend cleaning the lint trap vent after each load and the dryer vent at least once a year. However, cleaning the dryer vent more frequently is suggested if:
Size of the family
With a larger family, there are more loads of laundry to be laundered each day. The more often you use the dryer on a daily basis, the more lint it gathers. As a result, it must be cleaned multiple times every year.
Pets on the premises
If you have pets in your home, the vents will become blocked more rapidly than in houses without pets. As a result, it’s critical to clean the dryer on a regular basis to keep pet hair and fur out of the vent.
How often do you buy new clothes?
New garments, according to studies, create more lint than old ones. If you prefer to shop for new clothes regularly, you should clean your dryer vents at least once a year.
Bulky materials, such as blankets and towels, create more lint, which rapidly clogs the dryer vent. If you have a lot of heavy clothing in your laundry, cleaning your dryer vent many times a year is recommended.
What are the advantages of cleaning your dryer vents on a regular basis?
- It helps to conserve electricity.
- Cleaning your dryer vent on a regular basis will help it run more efficiently, reducing the amount of energy it uses. Cleaning your dryer vent on a regular basis might save you up to 30% on your energy expenses.
- Maintenance costs are lower.
- It is less probable for the dryer vent to overheat or become blocked if it is cleaned on a regular basis. As a result, it’s less likely to break down or have a technical malfunction.
- Reduces the possibility of a fire.
- Lint is a very flammable substance. If the debris is allowed to gather on the vent, it might start a fire, wreaking devastation. Lint accumulation is reduced with regular cleaning, reducing the risk of fire.
- It lessens the dryer’s wear and tears.
- If you don’t clean your dryer vent on a regular basis, your dryer will have to work twice as hard to dry your clothing. The dryer’s critical elements may be worn down as a result of this high strain. Cleaning your dryer on a regular basis will help it run more efficiently and last longer, minimising wear and tear.
How to maintain the cleanliness of your dryer vent
- If you’re still using dryer sheets, try a liquid fabric softener instead.
- A solid vent pipe should be used instead of a flexible vent pipe.
- Closer to the outside wall, the dryer should be.
- Allow at least 15 minutes for the dryer to cool between loads.
Even if you take these precautions, you should clean your dryer vents at least once a year to eliminate lint and debris and avoid blockages! Hire a Hilux Duct Cleaning specialist to clean your dryer vents if you don’t want to handle them yourself.